Primary Relationships and Health Education
Through the delivery of Relationships and Health Education we intend to further our school’s aims of providing a curriculum which is relevant to the needs of pupils, both now and in the future. It will enable pupils to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes which enhance their personal development and wellbeing. This learning will build upon itself every year, enabling it to be embedded in the children’s long-term memories. This will have a direct, positive effect on their progress and achievement in school. We aim to ignite curiosity through relevant, real-life learning, preparing the children to be happy and healthy global citizens able to navigate the modern world.
All adults in school will work towards achieving these aims for Relationships and Health Education. We seek to enable our children to: –
• develop interpersonal and communication skills.
• develop positive, personal values and a moral framework that will guide their decisions and behaviour.
• respect themselves and others, their views, backgrounds, cultures and experiences.
• Develop their resilience when facing challenges.
• develop respectful, caring relationships based on mutuality, reciprocation and trust.
• develop their understanding of a variety of families and how families are central to the wellbeing of children.
• build confidence in accessing additional advice and support for themselves and others.
Please see more information our PSHE curriculum below.