We are proud of every child who enters our door at Fen Ditton Community Primary School and we are committed to providing an enjoyable, supportive and encouraging ethos. We endeavour to provide all of our children with a stimulating and diverse curriculum, which ignites curiosity and enables them to master skills and acquire knowledge, which equips them to be successful global citizens and creative thinkers.
We adopt a therapeutic approach to managing pupil behaviours and supporting pupils’ social, emotional and mental health needs.
We are very much committed to the safeguarding and wellbeing of all children and adults across the school.
Everything we do is built on our school values of Kindness, Respect, Resilience and Courage and there is a collective determination by all of our school staff to continue to strive for excellence.
Our overall intentions are that we:
- Promote our core values of respect, resilience, courage and kindness
- Develop pupils’ long term memory of an ambitious body of procedural and semantic knowledge
- Put reading as the essential component to equip our pupils to be successful learners
- Develop pupils’ wider vocabulary to connect academic learning across the curriculum and deepen subject knowledge
- Equip pupils to gain the key mathematical skills to negotiate an increasingly complex world around them
- Provide diverse, varied experiences and opportunities to promote aspiration through a range of means, including the arts and sports
- Give children a broad and diverse knowledge of the world they live in which enables them to be equipped to better understand people and their communities
- Ensure well-being and mental health are key elements, and support the development of the whole child and promote positive attitudes to learning
- Are committed to helping children overcome barriers, regardless of background and circumstances, to allow them to fulfil their potential
- Engage positively with the wider community to enhance outcomes for pupils
Our success depends upon an effective home/school partnership. We have an excellent relationship with our parents and want you to be involved in the progress and achievements your children make during their time here. We hope you will encourage your children to contribute to the life of the school and to take up many of the opportunities provided. We also appreciate any help or skills you have to offer.
I hope you will find this website useful. It is intended to provide useful information and to support the children’s learning at home and school.