As a community we have agreed to follow and promote these 4 values:
We also promote the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs.
The Government set out its definition of British values in the 2011 Prevent Strategy, and these values were reiterated in 2014.
British Values are taught through the school curriculum in a number of ways.
- Debates about the advantages and disadvantages of democracy
- Lesson and assemblies about how Democracy works in Britain
- Elections for House Captains and Vice Captains
- Teaching about a range of faiths in a positive and sensitive manner
- Respecting and promoting remembrance day for WW1 and WW2
- Teaching British History
- Supporting and donating to charities such as food banks and children in need
- Teaching about key significant people in society